" I am so impressed! I decided to go for a change and my stylist was great and made me feel so comfortable despite my hairdresser anxiety, great value for money!"
Jacqueline Matthews - Redhill
"I always come out of Spires with lovely hair. It has the best and most patient staff and they always carry everything out with such precision. Can't thank them enough for how much they have improved my hair!"
Tanya Creaye-Griffin - Horley
"I am really pleased, since living in East Grinstead I have visited quite a few salons and Spires staff are the first to have listened and done exactly what i wanted! Thank you!"
Joyce Robinson - East Grinstead
"Spires customer service is exceptional and the best I have ever experienced in a hairdressing salon!"
Liz Hemming - East Grinstead
"You rescued my hair after I said that I would never trust anyone ever again and now I tell everyone about you!"
Jenna Stevens - East Grinstead
"Pure hairdressing heaven whenever I come to Spires"
Karen Glover - Crawley Down
"Great hair and awesome service! Spires are worth every penny, I have just had a complete re-style & colour and it looks fantastic; a big thank you to Charlotte and the team"
Tania Taylor - Horley
"Great Cut, Great Style, Great Service; what more could I ask for!"
Iain Smith - East Grinstead
"It was my first experience of colour and naturally I was a bit apprehensive but Spires were brilliant and took time to go through my consultation and are very knowledgeable, with the end result looking and feeling fantastic. I have already booked my next appointment!"
Rebecca Denne - East Grinstead
"It's so good now I bring all the family to Spires!"
Steve Oddy - East Grinstead
"Coming to Spires is a totally relaxing experience and you always give me what I want and like!"
Vicki Curran - East Grinstead
"Just wanted to say a BIG thank you for all your patience and help with my Wedding hair. I will definitely recommend you and not forget the trouble that you went for me!"
Sarah Hampton - Tenterden
"Thank you for being so friendly and welcoming, I will miss you!"
Rosie Saunders - Burnley (Formerly Edenbridge)
- Monday 22 July 2013 - Laura Takes the Long Jump! - Having obtained favourable grades in her 'A' levels Laura, from Horsham was looking for a career which, would allow her creative talents to come to the fore and meeting the public, she enquired about hairdressing at Central Sussex College and their Job Shop recommended Spires commenting that we were worth the distance to travel. Laura successfully completed her interview also mentioning that she was a former champion hurdler and long jumper. Laura will shortly be studying for her NVQ1 and 2 at the College and we wish her every success!
- Monday 3 June 2013 - Leah Makes the Change! Former Sassoon apprentice Leah Cheeseman joins Spires as a stylist coming to us from Glitterartzi in Weybridge. Leah is a fast learner and whilst being a great cutter as you would expect she is about to go into depth on colouring 'The Spires Way'. She will also be part of our Bridal Couture team inder Katharyn Atkinson.
- Monday 13 May 2013 - Kat and Richard Ward! - Kathryn Atkinson head of Bridal Couture at Spires spends a day with Richard Ward (hairdresser to HRH Kate on the BIG day) and his bridal specialist Fiona Chandler-Day at the L'Oreal Technical Centre in London. Kat was working virtually on a 1 to 1 basis with Richard all day and found it highly motivational plus of course she learned an incredible amount. Kat said "this was better than I ever imagined as Richard is regarded as the Bridal Couture guru, it was the little techniques that he passed on which, helped me the most and at the end of the session he said that I had impressed him with my work and understanding which, I took as a great compliment!"
- Monday 4 February 2013 - The Spires Training DVD! - With Spires totally committed to training and informing and educating young people as to how they can have a professional and rewarding career in hairdressing, Spires launch their new 5 monute DVD produced and directed by the highly professional company 'Play It By Ear' based in East Grinstead. This was prepared in readiness for the careers evening at Imberhorne School the following evening.
- Saturday 1 December 2012 - Kat Joins the Spires Team! - Vastly experienced stylist Kathryn Atkinson has joined the team as a Senior Stylist. She is able to name Toni & Guy and Sassoon as previous employers and is a highly experienced cutter and colourist.
- Tuesday 27 November 2012 - Anne Veck Wows the Spires Team! - 5 Times British Hairdresser of the Year nominee Anne Veck gave the Spires Team a 4 hour masterclass in hair up and Bridal Hair in her Oxford salon. These new ideas are now back at Spires ready and waiting for our most important person...you!
- Sunday 4 November 2012 - Spires on the Catwalk! - The Spires team are in final preparations for their stint on the catwalk on Sunday 4 November at the Surrey Wedding Fayre to be held at Lingfield Park. The team will be dressing the hair and making up five models in addition to having a stand where they will be inviting people from the audience to have a live demonstration on themselves for both hair and make up. Doors open at 11am and finishes at 4pm.
- Tuesday 30 October 2012 - Spires Team up with Crawley Town FC! - Spires are proud to announce that they have become an official affiliate of Football League Division 1 side Crawley Town FC and as such have permission to use the clubs crest on all advertising.
- Monday 25 June 2012 - Spires spend an Evening with Guy! - Karen, Jo Jo and Joe spent a cutting and long hair masterclass evening with the World famous Guy Kremer at The Trinity Halls, Tunbridge Wells. Karen said "it is always great to come out of the salon and attend events such as these and we all left totally inspired with new ideas to bring back to our clients; we are in the business of creating the Wow factor whether it be for everyday or special occasion and we have to constantly evolve and are not 9-5 hairdressers."
- Thursday 3 May 2012 - Spires in the News! - In reply to a rather damning article in the Daily Mail titled 'The Facials That Can Ruin Your Skin' in which the writer highlighted the potential dangers of clients using Dermabrasion and Glycol Chemical Peel treatments, our very own Siobhan Woods wrote an article in support and going on to extole the virtues of facial massage techniques such as that used at Beauty in Spires. This was sent to the Daily Mail and The East Grinstead Observer who indeed ran it as a news story featured on page 12 under the headline 'Beautician Joins Row Over Skin Treatment'.
- Thursday 23 February 2012 - JoJo 'Roves' at London Fashion Weekend! - Our very own JoJo was despatched to the Vodafone London Fashion Weekend in the guise of Spires Roving Reporter. For the occasion he purchased a very fetching paisley shirt, which was quietly consigned to his satchel following comments made by various Spires staff on its suitability, this we must add was at JoJo's request Lesson to be learned here Jo!). At Somerset House he mixed with the stars such as Lisa Snowden - or was it just her Jo? - and along the way took many photos and crucially brought back with him all the latest fashions and trends for the coming season, both in clothes and hair, which will no doubt appear in our next photo shoot for Spring/Summer. Well done JoJo!
- Monday 20 February 2012 - Beauty in Spires in a National!.....As part of our affiliation to The Daily Telegraph Beauty Club, Beauty in Spires were rewarded with a quarter page (broadsheet) feature in the 20th February issue of the Daily Telegraph. You could cut the excitement at Church Lane and given that this was not an advert but a feature, everyone associated with the salon was highly honoured and given the short time since Beauty in Spires has been open it is a tremendous accolade. For once, Karen was nearly lost for words!
- Wednesday 1 February 2012 - Spires Radio Re-Vamp Hits the HairWaves!....The all new format for Spires Radio gets its first hairing on this day hosted by the brilliant, professional and some say slick (pardon the hair pun!) Martin Buchanan formerly drive time presenter of 5 years standing for Magic 105.4, as well as Capital Radio, Mercury, Radio Luxembourg and the BBC. The programme will be high on energy, great news, views and tips on what is 'in' for your hair and lifestyle in general plus of course some pulsating 'feel good' music. If you have a business and want to advertise then please call Richard on 01342 311344. Your message must have a lifestyle theme such as food, holidays, photographer, Wedding cake maker etc. Spires Radio is the World's only Hairdressing Radio Station and accessed via the radio buttons at the top of this page and of course in-salon.
- Friday 18 November 2011 - Beauty in Spires opens its doors!.... At last after months of planning and some pretty heavy construction work the long awaited extension to the Spires grand masterplan is finally open. As one client commented on the open evening, this is a 'Hidden Gem in East Grinstead, worthy of being in Knightsbridge', which was indeed a compliment. Boasting some top quality products, such as Keraskin Esthetics, the luxury brand from L'Oreal; Mii Cosmetics, relatively unknown and only launched in the UK in March 2011 this is quickly gaining a reputation to place it alongside other more well known brands and when used with a Keraskin facial allows the client to have a facial and makeup in ONE appointment; Jessica Nails are well known the World over for providing the highest quality manicure and pedicure products. In addition to these the line up is completed with Australian Body Care waxing, probably the most hygenic on the market, Siennax Sunless Tanning who have won more awards than any other rival company and Lava Shell Massage, which has to be experienced to be believed! Watch out for the dedicated website, which is scheduled to go live on the 16 January and some pretty amazing promotions.
- Saturday 30 July 2011 - Spires went lime green for Macmillan!...One of our clients Liz Hemming walked 250 miles along part of the Great Wall of China over a 10 day period between the 15 and 25 September and wanted to raise £ 3500 for Macmillan Cancer Suport. Through her fantastic endeavours to date she achieved this and as part of her fund raising exploits, Spires, in conjunction with Liz hosted a charity fundraising day for her expedition, which raised over £ 100 (not a lot but every little helped!). Spires donated £ 1 for every booking made on the day and gave just over £ 40 as a result. Liz and her wonderful family did a bucket collection around East Grinstead and raised a further £ 60. This was a great team effort and for a truly fantastic and worthwhile cause. Thanks to our very own Meleiha for donating her tips for the day, a really nice touch.
- Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 July 2011 - Natasha's Changed Colours!...Well not quite but let's explain.. Natasha, one of our most improved and brilliant stylists attended the advanced L'Oreal colour course 'Colour Change' at the London Academy on the 13 and 14 July and she just loved it, in fact she texted us after the first and second days to say how 'wicked it was!'. When she finally settled down Natasha said "Today with over 60% of all women colouring their hair, it is not just a question of being able to propose a colour to a client but also to know how to change her existing colour and this course built on everything that we are trained on in the salon. She returned with an an even greater vigour and put some of her new found techniques into practice with fantastic results.
- Spires Carbon Footprint Down.....Spires sign an agreement with German company Schneidereit to supply their towels, which instead of being cotton are microfibre. some of the benefits being stain resistance, larger than the traditional cotton equivalent, softer and importantly no need to tumble dry, thus saving on gas and with it carbon...so winners all round!
- Monday 4 April 2011 - New Kid on the 'Locks' at Spires.....As mentioned earlier on our home page we welcomed a new stylist to the team...Meleiha joined from The Rush Group as a senior stylist. She immeditaely attended her first course at the L'Oreal London Academy on the 12 and 13 April as part of her SpiresStandard training where she enjoyed the 'Colour Change' course.
- Thursday 10 March 2011 - JoJo hits London!....JoJo visted the L'Oreal Academy in London on this day to attend his first course as an apprentice - 'Starter Keys'. This is a theory based 1 day course that takes students through the colour spectrum and gets them used to putting different colours together in order to produce another, pretty elementary but an important first step. Next up Colour Keys!
- Monday 7 March 2011 - Spires hit the Headlines!....our very own Karen Dandy's comments were reported in a major 2 page article in the Daily Mail on the Brazilian Blow Dry debate and specifically rogue manufacturers who have or are still supplying product which contravenes EU Law by having levels of formaldehyde in excess of the 0.2% legal limit. To read the article please use this link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1363620/Brazilian-blow-dry-uses-cocktail-chemicals-deeply-disturbing-effects.html
- Friday 4 March 2011 - Martin joins Spires Radio!....Former Capital Gold and Magic 105.4 DJ and well known presenter Martin Buchanan joined Spires Radio to host the new 4 hour show, which was officially launched on this day; totally focussed on hairdressing news - bulletins on the hour - views, interviews tips on updo's and much much more. Listen to the World's 1st Hairdressing Radio Station accessed via the radio buttons on the home page and don't worry if you have an i phone or other mobile application there is a button for you too. For a a static application you will need QuickTime, which if you haven't got it is a simple and free download.
Saturday 22nd November 2014
Karen's Saturday Blog.
The High Street has come in for criticism in the past but it's importance is there for all to see when you see the effort that has been put into The Reveal Campaign which, is revealed today. For those who are local to our fantastic Town you may have seen sheets of brown paper being placed over a number of the shop windows with a notice saying 'All Will Be Revealed Soon!'. No doubt new stock will be on display or something else will catch the eye. The Internet is playing a huge part in our lives but it has it's downside, one of my clients complained yesterday that the shops generally just don't keep sufficient stock levels instead ordering required items in. So shop owners please take note!
Why not make your shopping excursion into the Town an experience; take time to have a coffee, a light lunch, browse through other shops that take your fancy and in the process extract as much value out of your parking charge which, by the way is still very low compared to Crawley and Tunbridge Wells. Support our beautiful Town and everyone will reap the rewards!
Ok it's Anniversary time with the 3rd one for Beauty in Spires (18th November); today is the 1st year of opening for Spires Copthorne and upcoming on the 6th December is Spires East Grinstead........doesn't time fly!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY.
Hair to Impress!
It doesn't matter who you are out to impress be it your partner, children, work colleagues, friends or that job interview, your hair and beauty plays a huge part, so whatever you do don't skimp. Hair cut beautifully and in pristine condition complimented by say a great facial says so much about you and yes it does lift your mood. Colour played a huge part in our recent Wedding collection, which was created by our artistic team and was again photographed by the excellent Frazer Visser at Hamilton Sudios. The photos are on display in the salon and on our gallery. All we can say is that they have the WOW factor and show you exactly why we would love you to choose Spires for your next hair appointment! Colour is the perfect partner for a great cut and guaranteed to get heads turning and compliments with it. There is a mis-conception that colour is expensive but at Spires this doesn't have to be the case; if you are a little fearful of taking the decision, due to say a past bad experience or it is your first time, then why not try our new temporary colour that washes out in about 10 shampoos, called Chromative by L'Oreal, which was used extensively in one of previous photos shoots as time was of the essence! With a promotional price of *£ 15 and a great choice of colours including gloss/clear (this will make your present colour revive and shine) you can leave the salon feeling a new you and all in about 75 minutes if you include a shampoo cut and finish. The actual colour service takes an avarage of 15 minutes, so you really can wash, colour and go>>. This is our lowest committment colour service and proving to be very popular, so why not give it a try, simply call us on 01342 32 44 85 for an appointment. On the continuing subject of colour, our first floor away from it all colour suite is continuing to be a great success. It has been designed with your complete satisfaction in mind, affording you total relaxation and luxury yes....100% Me Time.
* colour only
The Spires ethos is very simple…..
‘Quality Hairdressing that you will value’
Just some of the things that we value…
- Our standards are never compromised or sacrificed, which means that your hair will look great, every time you visit
- Our team receives continuous training, so that you will enjoy a consistently high level of service, every time you visit
- Your opinions and our ideas are always one, every time you visit
- Every time you visit we will be pleased to see you!
Opening Hours (late nights Tuesday and Wednesday)
Monday, Thursday and Friday - 9.00am to 6.00pm....Tuesday and Wednesday 9am - 9pm and Saturday 9am -5pm